Jaguar has unveiled the most exclusive and sexy F-Type Project 7 at Pebble Beach. The British car maker has also announced the price of the limited edition F-Type sporting this rather unique exterior which was the star of this year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed. Priced at $165,000, the coolest Jaguar ever boasts of a 575 hp engine and an open-top body designed around the classic D-Type.
The 5.0-liter supercharged V8 has been tuned to the max for a top speed of 186 mph and 0-60 time of just 3.8 seconds.Jaguar also debuted a new color for the F-Type Project 7 at the Monterey car week. Glacier white will be available for customers along with Ultra Blue from the concept car and three special colors- black, green and red that will cost slightly more.
Jaguar F-Type Project 7 photo gallery:
JAGUAR TO REVEAL U.S. SPEC F-TYPE PROJECT 7 VEHICLE AT PEBBLE BEACH
– Named in honor of seven Jaguar wins at Le Mans, the F-TYPE Project 7 is a road-legal two-seater inspired by the Jaguar D-Type
– Created by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) team, F-TYPE Project 7 will be a limited production vehicle
– Powered by a 575hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine, F-TYPE Project 7 is capable of accelerating – 0-60mph in 3.8 seconds with an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph(1)
– F-TYPE Project 7 will be available in two standard colors – Glacier White and Ultra Blue. British Racing Green, Ultimate Black and Caldera Red will also be available as optional upgrades
– Customer deliveries will start in Spring 2015
– US Pricing starting at $165,000(2)
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – August 14, 2014 – Following its global introduction at the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed, the U.S. version of the production F-TYPE Project 7 will debut at the 2014 Monterey Car Week. Aptly named to reflect seven Jaguar overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, F-TYPE Project 7 is inspired by the Jaguar D-Type which celebrates its 60th anniversary this year.
Created by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations team, the F-TYPE Project 7 will be a limited production all-aluminum, fully road-legal two-seater roadster with bespoke aerodynamic aids. To further emphasize the Jaguar racing heritage, the vehicle will feature a 575hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine with a 0-60mph acceleration time of 3.8 seconds and an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph.
The F-TYPE Project 7 will come to market in two standard color schemes – Glacier White, a metallic white which is the feature color for the model and Ultra Blue, a metallic take on French Racing Blue and the signature color of the Jaguar Land Rover SVO team. British Racing Green, Ultimate Black and Caldera Red will also be available as optional upgrades.
For more information on F-TYPE Project 7 visit: www.JaguarUSA.com/FTYPEProject7
(1) Always follow local speed limits
(2) Price shown is MSRP. Excludes $925 destination and delivery fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and retailer fees all due at signing and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.