[Update] N0w that it’s proven that 2015 Hennessey Mustang HPE700 makes 663 hp at its rear wheels, we expected it to be pretty fast. May be it does 200 mph or may be even more. Hennessey just went out and tried to max their car. Here’s how it went.
Hennessey Mustang HPE700 top speed run:
[Jan 10, 2015]
Hennessey Mustang HPE700 dyno run video:
[Oct 1, 2014]
Okay people, stop praising the Dodge Challenger Hellcat or at least take a break and checkout this 2015 Hennessey Mustang HPE700. This thing makes 717 hp which is clearly more than the Hellcat and that’s good. The Hennessey Mustang has just been announced and will be available next year. Also, the guy who also makes the brutish Venom GT has only promised to make 500 examples of the HPE700 Mustang. So, if you want one, you better get hurry.
The 2015 Hennessey Mustang HPE700 is based on the 2015 Ford Mustang GT 5.0. It uses a supercharger, new throttle bodies, stainless steel exhaust, upgraded fuel injectors and fuel pump, HPE engine management calibration and more importantly, a 3 year/36,000 mile limited warranty.
The 2015 Mustang HPE700 also gets an upgraded exterior with a CarbonAero package which includes carbon fiber bodywork, front splitter, side sills, diffuser, lip spoiler, etc. The muscle car rides on 20-inch lightweight Hennessey H10 wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport 2 tires.
2015 HPE700 Supercharged Mustang GT as Tested Specifications
2015 Ford Mustang GT, 6-speed manual transmission with optional Track Pack
• 717 bhp @ 7,000 rpm
• 632 lb-ft torque @ 4,400 rpm
• 0-60 mph: 3.6 sec.
• ¼ mile: 11.2 @ 131 mph
• Top Speed: 195.2 mph (with optional 3.15 rear axle ratio)
HPE700 Supercharged 5.0L V8 Engine Upgrade
• 2.9 Liter Supercharger System
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• HPE700 Exterior Badging
• Supercharged Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
• Lowed suspension
• 3.15 rear axle ratio
Total price as tested