They just announced the price of the Dodge Demon and you’d be surprised to know that it doesn’t cost $100,000. If you’re looking for the most bang for your buck, then look no further. The 840 hp Dodge Demon costs just $84,995 including the gas guzzler tax. Add to that $1095 destination charge and it still sounds like great value.
However, there’s catch. $84,995 is the base MSRP of the Dodge Demon and you do have a few options. The following kit is available for just an additional $1 each.
- Demon Crate- it includes an ECU upgrade which allows you to run race fuel unlocking the full 840 hp, narrow drag radials up front, high-flow conical air filter, jack, cordless impact wrench, torque wrench and a tire pressure gauge.
- Front passenger seat
- Rear seat
- Trunk liner
All the above will cost a mere $4. That said, there more pricier options as well.
If you still think $85k is a lot for a Challenger that can only go in a straight line, Dodge has a solution. It is called the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody.
- Leather interior with heated/cooled driver and passenger seat and heater steering wheel- $1595
- 18-speaker Harman Kardon audio system with two sub-woofers- $995
- Satin black painted hood- $1995
- Hood, roof, trunk lid painted in satin black- $3495
- Power sunroof – $4995
Dodge plans to build just 3300 units of the Demon in the initial phase of production. While the prospects of an 840 hp dragster that costs just 85 grand sounds enticing, dealerships are expected to sell these above sticker. By how much, needs to be seen.